B.C. Society # S-49873 01 November 2005
- Create & maintain a meditation retreat centre, “Sherab Chamma Ling”;
- Preserve Bön, the native religion of Tibet & its culture;
- Spread Bön teachings by cultivating practitioners & scholars in the west; &
- Support & sustain a Spiritual Director & visiting teachers.
- To purchase land and/or buildings to create a Tibetan Yungdrung Bön international teaching & retreat centre known as: Sherab Chamma Ling, Tibetan Bön Buddhist Centre.
- To raise funds whether by way of fund-raising activities, receipt of gifts, donations, legacies & grants or otherwise to hold, invest, & use them for the promotion of the objects of the Society.
- To acquire lands & buildings by purchase or otherwise, for the purpose of establishing a worship centre, teaching & meeting place, & retreat centre.
In November 2005, two years after Lama Geshe YongDong created Sherab Chamma Ling, the Tibetan Bön Buddhist Society was formed. Under the direction of Geshe YongDong, the society is administered to by an elected executive consisting of a Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, & Secretary. Executive terms are for a two year period; an AGM is held annually and General Business Meetings are held during the year.
The centre has been operating since 2003 in local rented facilities. Regular drop in meditation practices and teachings attract an average of 25-30 students and the two annual teaching weekend retreats have successfully filled up with 35–40 students.
In addition to teaching at the centre in Courtenay B.C., Geshe YongDong regularly travels to teach other groups on Vancouver Island, Alberta, California, Texas and in the Ligmincha centre in Virginia U.S. Geshe YongDong has recently taught in Costa Rica.
The centre and society are dedicated to raising and/or securing funds to purchase land and buildings to create a Tibetan Yungdrung Bön international teaching and retreat centre.
Funds are being actively pursued by way of fund-raising activities, receipt of gifts, donations of any amount, legacies and grants.
If you would like to help in creating an international teaching and retreat centre on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada, please consider making a contribution. We are a registered non profit, tax-exempt charity.